Monday, October 25, 2010

My first visit "TO" the hospital

As you noticed in my last blog i had caught a "bug".  Well that mean bug just wouldn't leave me alone day after day so finally mommy was getting really worried that i might get dehydrated so she called the doc.  Doc. took to long to return mommys call so she decided to go ahead and take me up to the ER.  Did you know that it's a sign of dehydration when a babies "soft spot" sinks in? Well now you do! Mommy read that on the internet and thats why she decided to take me up to the hospital.  Good thing she did cause i was dehydrated.  When Dr. in the ER first looked me over he said i wasn't but wanted some blood work to make sure.  So then these 2 mean ladies came in there and stabbed me in my little arm tryin to get an IV set for if they needed it and to draw some blood.  Well they messed it up so my blood came out to slow and cloted so it was no good.  And they hurt my arm for no reason!  I was already really mad and then they decided to stab my little foot and get blood from there.  They squeezed and squeezed until they finally got enough.  And i had definately had enough.  When they finished mommy scooped me up and i gave her the sadess little face.  I already didn't feel good and they were making me hurt in more places. 

Me and mommy waited and waited and then 2 more nurses came in and said they were going to hook up an IV.  The doc. never came and talked to us about the results but the nurses said that they had called MY doc and he wanted me to be admitted because my count was low and i was dehydrated.  This time they tried to put the IV in my other arm and by the time they were done (which they did succed) me and mommy were both in tears.  She hated seeing me in pain like that.  She said it broke her heart watching.  This time i was really glad when mommy scooped me up off the bed and kissed and hugged me.  I just wanted to go home.  Since we had my seat, diaper bag, mommy's purse and i was not letting her put me down again another nurse just loaded everything up on the bed and wheeled us up to our room.  She first brought a wheelchair but quickly realized that that wasn't going to work.

Shortly after we got settle Aunt Kim showed up to bring mommy some food since she hadn't eatin all day and daddy showed up too.  He had a busy day at work but still managed to make it up there to be with me.  Mommy stayed up there with me the whole time and i made her hold me and cuddle with me most of the time.  I had finally fell into a good sleep so she layed me in my bed and good thing she did cause it wasn't long after that that i exploded again!  Mommy buzzed the nurse and between everyone i got cleaned up and my bed too.  My poor little tummy just was not agreeing with me.  Little later the night nurse came in to take my temp and was tellin mommy that the little 3mth old girl in the next room and just shot out all over him face and all when he tried to take her temp.  (ya know since they like to take it from our bottoms...)  And about that time... there i went!  I did it to him too! (just not in the face, i think he learned not to get to close!) Poor guy, mommy felt bad for him but couldn't help but laugh at the same time.  He was good spirited though so he wasn't mad at me.  He tried to talk to me everytime he came in to my my vitals but i wanted nothing to do with him.  I just wanted mommy to love on me and keep all those mean people with their needles away.  They stabbed my other foot that night for blood and then the next morning they went back to the other.  AND then they went back to the other again and some lab guy had to come back and redo it AGAIN so they went back to the other.  My poor little feet weren't gonna take much more of that.  My doc. had made a trip up and talked to mommy a little that night and then again the next day.  Said if my count was better than i could go home cause Sat. i was able to drink a little and hadn't had any more "leakage" except during the early morning hours.

When they finally got the results back they told us that the normal count is 20 and Fri. when i came in mine was only 13.  The last set of test late Sat. afternoon my count was up to 18 so they said i could go home. Yay!  Havin' that IV of fluids all night and day helped.  And me and mommy were both worn out and ready to go home. 

I did pretty good once we got home but later that night i was in my swing and me, mommy and daddy were watching a movie when all of a sudden... i exploded everywhere again.  Mommy and daddy both just looked at each other, i guess trying to decide who was gonna clean me up.  Well, it took BOTH of them!  And mommy had just givin me a bath and had me smellin sooo good too! 

Well, i'm doin better now, just still tryin to build my appetite back up.  Rested a lot Sun. and then mommy went back to work today and i went back to daycare.  They were all glad to see me this morning.  Hopefully soon i'm be 100% and back to myself.  Until then i just get lots of extra lovin from mommy.  Oh and daddy says i better get better soon cause i get to go trick-or-treating this weekend AND mama & papa are coming to visit!  I think daddy just wants my candy though.  Ha!  Oh yea, AND we are having a b-day party for my cousin Keyona.  She's going to be 1! 

Okay, well there are all the juicy (and i mean "juicy") details of my "bug" trouble.  Now i'm gonna go cuddle up w/ mommy and get some zzzzz's. 

Nighty, Night!

Love, Baby Jax

No comments:

Post a Comment